How to check HP printers ink levels – beginner’s guide
When HP Printers Ink levels are low, it can affect the quality of the printout or not print at all. The simple solution is to refill those ink cartridges or replace them with new ink. But before you do so, you need to check the ink levels on your hp printer. In this blog, we have described how to check ink levels on HP Printer in different ways. Let’s not waste any time and get started with it right away.
How To Check HP Printer Ink Levels From Printer Control Panel?
Many HP printers, display the ink and toner levels on the control panel only. This might be the simplest way to check the HP printer ink level. Just follow the simple steps below to check the supplies information on your HP Printer.
- On your Control panel, navigate the ink drop icon. There you can see the ink levels of your HP printer.
- If you don’t see any ink drop, then look for
- A Cartridge Icon
- Toner Level Indicator
- Or Ink Levels menu
Ink Levels of HP printers can be found under the above options. If you don’t find any such options on your HP printer control panel, there’s no need to panic and continue reading further for more methods to check ink levels.
How To Check Ink Levels on HP Printer From Windows?
If you are using your HP printer from a Windows device, you can simply check the ink levels by following the steps below. Make sure you follow the steps in the given order only.
- First of all, press the Windows button on your keyboard or click on the Start menu.
- Now search for Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
- From the search results open Devices and Printers. Here you will see the list of available and connected printers.
- Select your HP printer for which you want to check the ink level.
- You can see the ink levels for your HP printer below the status area. For more information click on it.
Other ways to check HP printer ink levels from Windows PC:
- From HP Smart App (Windows 10): First you need to install the HP Smart app from Microsoft Store in English. To do so, open the Microsoft store and search for HP Smart. Click on the Install button and wait for the installation to finish. Once it’s done open the HP Smart app on your device and you can see the Ink or toner levels on the home screen only.
- From HP Print And Scan Doctor: You can download the HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP Support website. Once installed, open the utility on your Windows PC and select your printer. Select the Printer option on the top menu bar and select Supply Levels. You will see the Ink levels displayed on your screen now.
- From Printer Software: Click on the Windows search bar and enter your printer model name and number. From the search results, select your printer name. Doing this will open the HP Printer Assistant. Select the Estimated Ink Levels option to see the ink levels on your HP printer.
If your HP printer doesn’t show up in the search results, then you need to install the HP Printer Assistant on your device first. You can download the software from the HP Support website, on HP Software and Driver Downloads page.
If you are using HP laser Printers, you can check the HP printer ink levels from Easy Printer Manager. Simply search for the tool on Windows search and navigate to the Supplies information tab.
How To Check HP Ink Levels On Mac?
You can check the ink or toner levels from your Mac using the in-built printer software. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Select the Apple icon and go to System Preferences.
- Now select Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan.
- From the available printers, select your HP printer and then click on Options & Supplies.
- Now go to the Supplies tab where you can check the HP printer ink levels.
How To Check Ink Levels On HP Printer (Android, iOS)?
You can check the HP printer ink levels from your Android or iOS device by using the HP Smart app. Install the HP smart app from the device’s app store or 123.hp.com. Once you have downloaded and installed the application, add your printer to the application and then you can access the ink or toner levels on the home screen only.
How To Check Ink Levels On HP Ink Tank and Smart Tank Printers?
To check the ink levels on your HP Ink Tank or Smart tank printers, you need to look for it visually on the printer machine only.
The ink levels should be between the minimum and maximum fill lines. If the ink level is below the minimum line, then it can bother the print quality. If the ink level is above the maximum fill lines, it can cause leakage of the ink. Moreover, improper filling of ink can cause damage to your HP Printer. Also, do not use non-HP ink if your printer is under warranty and don’t want any complications in the future.
These were all the methods that you can use to check the HP printer ink levels. You can use any of it to check the toner or ink levels of your HP printer. Replace or refill the ink as required to maintain the printing quality. And if you need more help, feel free to reach HP Support anytime.